Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Job Search Tip 1 - Making a List

Last time I was laid off, they career counselor asked me to make a list of the different companies I would like to work for and show that list to everyone I knew.  This is a good idea.  There is a good chance that people might know someone at the company you want to work at, or know someone at a similar company.

I think it is also a good way to help focus your job search. 

I'll be working on my list today.  What is your job search tip?

3 comments:

  1. Not a tip, but a question...have you considered doing the online resume thing? Visual CV is one of those, and they have supercool online resume profiles - I just can't figure out if hiring professionals are actually looking at them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Joy...good tip. I know they search on Monster and other sites liked Linkedin. Anything is possible. I will try and see what happens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Visual CV a bit of a headache...but maybe something will come of it...

    http://www.visualcv.com/users/171815-barbsanchez/cvs/205654

    ReplyDelete