Thursday, September 3, 2009

Job Search Tip 2 - Getting Organized for your Interview

I've been finding on many of my interviews, the first thing they have you do when you get to the office is  fill in a application.  Most of the information is already on your resume, but you still have to fill out the form.

I find it helpful to have a cheat sheet prepared to make filling in this form as quick as possible.  Here's the information I include on my cheat sheet:

1) List of companies I worked for with the address and main phone numbers, my start and end dates and salary.

2) List of educational institutions I attended,and start and end dates, and GPA

3) List of references with their title, phone number and email address.  (I also have this printed on a separate sheet in case they ask for this during the interview). 

That's my job tip for the day...what's yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment