Saturday, December 12, 2009

Have you checked your Flashlight Batteries?

Winter's here and I am having a hard time with the change in season.  My daily "schedule", which I created to keep me up and running  over the summer and fall,  has seemed to disappear with the sunlight. 

The biggest impact has been on my sleep. Last week I had 2 all-nighters.  I kept telling myself I had to go to sleep, but then I thought, "What for, its not like I have to go to work tomorrow." As a result, I look like the walking dead no matter how much make up I put on.  And overall, I feel like crap.

The lack of sleep has also affected my eating and gym habits, which I was so good about over the summer.  I'm eating junk and fast food instead of preparing meals, and I either nap though the gym classes or just decide to skip them.  A part of me says, let it go, you can snap back after the holidays.  But I think I'll work on fixing things this week.  I can't afford the slippery slope.

So far the job market is about the same as it has been the last 7 months.  I hear reports of things getting better, but so far haven't seen any changes. A few calls here and there, but nothing substancial.  I have to control what I can...and right now it is my health.  The rest will come when it comes.

I can't let the weather get me down.  I have to keep moving. 

Hang in there people...there is sunlight at the end of the tunnel.  In the meantime, I guess I'll use a flashlight.

No comments:

Post a Comment