Sunday, November 29, 2009

Great Minds Think Alike!!!


I've been writing here and on my Facebook Page about my "office" at Panera for months.  Many of my friends still think I actually work for Panera.  I do "work" there, but I don't don't serve coffee or make the bread. I am "working" at Panera looking for "work."   I use their Wifi and comfy seating to create a remote office.  This work does not earn a paycheck (but I think the only people who really care about that is is the unemployment office).  

In the meantime, I am thankful for the remote office. The key is that I am out of the house. I am dressed and on the move.  I believe in my heart that keeping focused on the search and staying positive is is the right way to get the job of my dreams. 

One other side effect of going to Panera, is that I have fallen in love with the Panera Mac and Cheese, which I now include in my profile photo.  One friend was so impressed by my promotion, she actually wrote a touching letter to Panera about me. How awesome is that!!!????  She suggested I would make a great commercial for them. I agree.   They wrote back. They said they would forward to the corporate office.  I am waiting for their call, or a team of managers to swarm up to me, like Ed McMahon and Publishers Clearing House, while I am sitting there "working." Come on, Panera.  Make my YEAR!   (My office hours vary, but I am there EVERY Wed from 12-5pm in case you need to schedule the camera crew).

Another  friend of mine sent me an article about people who created their remote office at coffee shops and the library. First of all, I was incredibly touched that he thought of me.  Its that power of friends that I spoke about months ago in ths blog.  Here's a friend that takes a second to send me a link, that says, "keep it up." That's priceless.  Anyway. I liked the article, THE DAILY GRIND by By DEIRDRE DOLAN and JENNIFER DANIELS and I thought I would share it here on my blog.  It just goes to prove that I am not alone.  I hope it inspires others to get out there and make something happen for themselves.  

Come on people, get out of your caves.  Opportunity is out there waiting for us to find it.   Maybe it is at Panera, maybe it is at the local library. I am 90% sure it is not on the couch!!!

QUOTE OF THE DAY:
"Enjoy Life.  This is not a dress rehearsal."

No comments:

Post a Comment