Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Gardening in the Rain

Well, some days of unemployment are longer and quieter than others. But the key for me is to keep busy. So today, I was planning to pull some weeds at the condo.

Just so you know, gardening is not my thing. But my condo is suffering from the economy just like everyone else these days. We can't afford a good landscaper, or any for that matter. I'm a member of the board (the President by default actually) and we all decided to let things go a bit in order to save money.

Well, I drive up the driveway every day, and see the weeds growing like trees. I'm sure I'm not the only one who hates to see them. But nobody really does anything about them, except for this one woman who can be seen outside at least once a week, sweeping and cleaning up the property. Its too big a job for one person to do, but people rarely go out to help her. I'm as guilty as the rest of them. Well yesterday evening, I decided that tomorrow (today) was the day I was going to do something about those weeds. After all, I have the time. What's my excuse?

So last night, I had the alarm clock set and an outfit picked out for the project. This morning I woke up to the sound of rain pouring down. So much for my plan. I was ready to turn over and go back to sleep, but then, I decided to search "Gardening in the Rain" and lo and behold, I found a wonderful blog that covered this very subject. And I learned that the BEST time to garden is in the rain. So I did.

Some days I wonder why I am blogging about unemployment. I know my good friends are reading my posts, but is it really worth my time? Well, thanks to North Country Maturing Gardener I do believe it is. She wrote that post 4 years ago and it helped me. Who knows, maybe someday someone will search about unemployment, and my posting will help them deal with their rainy day.

Quote of the day:
“God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way.”

1 comment: