Friday, December 3, 2010

Sorry, TWC. You Lose...

So here's a story for you...


I recently switched from Time Warner Cable (TWC) to Verizon.

I had been a TWC customer for over 6 years and was very happy with the service.  In fact, when I had been laid off back in 2009, I called TWC and explained my situation, and how I couldn't afford the current bill and would have to cut my services to the bare minimum.  They offered me the triple play for $99.  I took it.  I was very thankful for this concession.

Then after a year, the price jumped up to $149 a month.  I called them back, and explained my situation (I'm still unemployed) and this time they said they could only give me these services for $129.  I paid that for a few months, but every time I turned on the TV, I saw an advertisement for $99 triple play from TWC. 

I called back and asked for the $99 rate that they are constantly advertising. They said there was nothing they can do.  I asked once again to lower to $99, they said they could not. 
Then I researched Verizon, and learned that they too offer a $99 triple play package.  I signed up for Verizon and I promptly cancelled TWC.

I now get the same services (a few different channels) from Verizon for $99. 

I also get daily letters and letters from TWC offering me to come back for $99 a month!  Apparently, according to the small print,  after 1 month I am eligible for this great price.   They really could have saved a bit of money on postage and a customer, if they would have worked with me. 


So TWC, you lose... (for now).

Verizon...take note...I'm not a big service switcher, but a girls gotta do, what a girls gotta do to save money!

No comments:

Post a Comment