Thursday, December 30, 2010

2010 Reflections...Positive road ahead in 2011

Well...I made it through another year. All in all, it was pretty good.  I've helped friends and family, volunteered my skills and experience, and now thanks to Elastic, I am on the way to getting myself on track again financially.   My fingers are crossed that things will become more permanent in 2011, but either way, I'm gonna be okay.

What do I want for 2011?  Its more along the lines of normal New Years Resolutions, but are somewhat related to having been unemployed.  If I make these things happen, I think it is going to be a great year.

1) Get back into shape. 
I want to use the routine of going to work to keep on track with my diet and excercise. No more taking the easy way out with the cafeteria, or jumping on the bus to go home.  Time to get back to the gym.  I need to get back to shape for a 100 mile bike ride again. 

2) Manage my time better.
I need to fit my workday into normal work hours.  I can't work late every night and I need to add other things (like excercise and socializing) into my social schedule.

3) Get a real social life.
Being out of the city and being low on money for so long has changed my social life. I need to get back into the swing of things.  Either reconnect with old friends or find ways to make new ones.  I need to get out there.

4) Get back to volunteering. I used to be more involved with NY Care.  I think I would like to do that again.  I have the weekends back...no reason why I can't

5) Go on a good vacation.
My last trip was Chile in 2009.  I'm DUE!

Happy new year...May 2011 bring you all the happiness in the world.  God Bless you and your families.

Love and Friendship,
Barbara

No comments:

Post a Comment