Friday, November 26, 2010

Thankful for the Holidays

As most people coming off unemployment, I am in the "rebuilding my finances mode."  Every day I go to work, I'm earning money to get back on track. 

Right now, I am still a temp at Elastic, so I only get paid for the hours and days I work.  At this point in the game, taking a day off  is an expensive decision.  

But sometimes, the decision to take a day off is made for you.  This week, thanks to Thanksgiving, I had 2 days off.  AND BOY did I need them!

Monday I had a cough and persistant headache that had no intention of going away Tuesday or Wednesday.  My body was telling me to stay home, but my mind was telling me to stick it out...I couldn't afford to lose the pay. 

This is technically not true...I could afford the days, I'm not living hand to mouth, but that's the mindset I am in these days.  It must be related to the invoices that I submit each week and watching my checks fluctuate based on whether or not I take lunch each day.

So, this Thanksgiving, I am counting my blessings and I am enjoying the holidays more than anyone this year.  Every  minute of them.  They were just what I needed, to recuperate, recharge and refresh guilt free. 

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment