Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Don't count your money...before you get paid!

Well for those of you that are counting, its been 3 weeks in the new job.  So far things are working out really well.  I'm enjoying the experience at Elastic (much better than the last time) and really enjoying getting back into the email marketing world.  I love the instantaneous results!!!

The only issue I have is the income (or lack thereof).  Even though I have been submitting invoices religiously on Mondays, and my boss has been approving them right away...so far, no check.  I know I am going to get paid, but this is stretching me pretty thin.  Not fun.

Anyway, I'm hoping this is an accounting snafu...and that this is not something I have to hunt down every week (or month or however they work out their payment schedule). 

Seriously, I'm missing the regularity of direct deposit, where I don't have to watch my overdrafts.  I'm not used to having to watch every invoice.  That's a pain in the butt, and I'm not really organized that way.

Anyway... just another challenge in the unemployment experience.  I'll figure it out.

Top Ten Quotes About Money:

“There are people who have money and people who are rich.” --Coco Chanel


"Go out in the world and work like money doesn't matter, Sing as if no one is listening, Love as if you have never been hurt, and Dance as if no one is watching”

“Money will come when you are doing the right thing.” --Mike Phillips

“If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of car payments.” --Earl Wilson

“Money is a good servant but a bad master.”-- Francis Bacon

“Money grows on the tree of persistence” --Japanese Proverb quotes

“All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy” --Spike Milligan

“I am not interested in money. I just want to be wonderful.” --Marilyn Monroe

“Starting out to make money is the greatest mistake in life. Do what you feel you have a flair for doing, and if you are good enough at it, the money will come.” --Greer Garson

“The best things in life are free.” --American Proverb quotes

No comments:

Post a Comment