Sunday, August 21, 2011

G'day, mate!

Well, I am back from my trip to Australia. It was fun to see the sights, get some culture and have a good time with great friends.  

When you watching your money, reminders of what you have (or don't have) are all around you.   The prices of EVERYTHING in OZ were very high compared to the US.  Coke was $4.00, a coffee and a pastry were $12.00.   But in this case, I just tried not worry too much about the money.  Seriously, If I stopped to think of what everything cost me, I wouldn't have enjoyed the moments.  What is the point of flying 22+ hours if you are not going to make it count?  And really...what the heck are you working for...if you can't enjoy life???



During my tour of Brisbane, Sydney and Melborne, I went to an Australian leage Rugby game, found a way to eat vegamite that I like, had a real australian BBQ, learned Aboriginal dances  and fed Kangaroos.  The big highlight (for me) was the climbing the Sydney Harbor Bridge (I won't even tell you how much that adventure cost! But it was worth it. )

Watching the Australian news, It was a bit of a shocker to be in  another country and see the US dollar so weak and then see the news reports on the US Economy.  Add to that the riots in England, and I kept thinking, "What is this world coming to!?!???

Anyway...after a quick stop in LA, and a lot of sleep, its back to work. Or how I like to think of it, that much closer to my next vacation!  :)

Barb's Top 3 Quotes for Living in the Moment
"Study as if you were to live forever. Live as if you were going to die tomorrow."  Isidore of Seville


"Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment." Buddha

"We are here and it is now. Further than that all human knowledge is moonshine." H. L. Mencken

No comments:

Post a Comment