Thursday, July 28, 2011

Vacation Calling.

Well for those of you who are counting at home...it will be a year in August and I am still temping at "Elastic." 

A part of me says, "who cares...I am working!"  The other part of me says, "Don't get tooooo comfortable."  And then I think, "just smell the roses."

All in all , its been a great year.  Work has been steady, I have been slowly paying off my bills and I have my health benefits from the Freelancers Union.   I think about job security from time to time, but to be honest I don't know if "job security" really exists anywhere, anyway.  If this gig was to end, I wouldn't be eligible for unemployment, but for now, we are really busy, so that's not one of my main concerns.

So now, I am going on my first (albeit Unpaid) vacation to AUSTRALIA.  I'm using my credit card miles to pay for some of it, and the rest is just from  saving and spending smart all year. Its my gift to myself.   If not now, when?

I feel bad leaving "Elastic" right in the middle of back-to-school season.  But you know what, I guess this is one of the "perks" of being a freelancer.  :)

"The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page. " --Saint Augustine

No comments:

Post a Comment