Friday, April 23, 2010

I'm back on the horse...(okay its just a Shetland Pony).

Well, its a miracle, but I got a job.  Don't get too excited. They only committed to 2 weeks.  I am sure it will go longer...but I have to keep on looking. Just in case.

As far as the first week goes...it was rough.  For one, I had to force myself to go to bed on Sunday at a decent hour.  I wanted to be bright and fresh, and on-time for the new job.  When I got home on Monday, I was exhausted. I felt like I ran a marathon.  I went right to bed.

My second day, I had a BRUTAL allergy attack.  I blamed it on the pollen, but I actually think it was due to a dusty shirt selection from the closet. Think about it.  I haven't worn these clothes in a year!

By the time Friday came along..I felt relieved.  I made it through my first week.  I can STILL do it. 

Anyway.  I'm back NYC.  I have my fingers crossed that this job will lead to full-on employment or will help me bridge on to my next job.  I think the cloud is lifting...a sunny future is around the corner.

3 comments:

  1. WOWOWOWOW! Can you offer details? It must be such a relief.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should add that Jen and I were just reading together your prior posting last night, and lamenting your misfortune. This morning I'll be sure to tell her to read your new post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Mig...starts with an "S" and ends with "lastic."

    ReplyDelete