Sunday, July 11, 2010

A little lift...goes a long way.

What a surprise I had this week!   A woman at the gym, comes up to me and says, "Are you Barbara Sanchez?...I saw you this morning in the Advance...in the article about your office at Panera." 

Apparently the Panera article was reprinted.  This time, it must have had a much larger circulation, because now I am getting supportive emails from strangers, (and friends as well) .   And let me tell you, its the little lift I really needed.

Its hard to believe that I have been out over a year, and sometimes quite frankly, its a little embarrassing.  Even though I know it is not my fault, and do my best to stay positive, unemployment is sometimes is hard to deal with.  I hate when people ask what I do, I have to explain that, "I do marketing, but I am currently unemployed."    I already shied away from my college reunion, and now I have my high school reunion around the corner.  I feel bad when family calls to check on me and I don't have good news to tell them about my job search.

And even though I try to keep my spirit up, sometimes its hard...a year is a LONG time.  But then random things like the article reprint happen, and its the little lift that I need to keep on trucking. I am reminded once again, that I am not alone, and that I am doing all the right things to get back on track.  I have nothing to be ashamed of.  ....And most important, I have the support of family and friends (and even strangers) behind me.


QUOTES OF THE WEEK:
"Angels are all around us, all the time, in the very air we breathe." ~The Angels' Little Instruction Book

“Life is what we make it, always has been, always will be.” ~Grandma Moses

“Life's challenges are not supposed to paralyze you, they're supposed to help you discover who you are.” ~Bernice Johnson Reagon






2 comments:

  1. You've got the RIGHT attitude, Barbara! Good things WILL happen. It's just that we usually don't know WHEN.
    Ralph

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have NOTHING to be ashamed of. You're wonderful!!!!

    ReplyDelete